[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] Release 4.1: LTM release targeted for end of May

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 08:07:04 UTC 2018

Sorry, couldn't respond earlier.

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 7:14 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri <
pkarampu at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 8:27 PM, Amye Scavarda <amye at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Responding on the architects question:
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:57 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri <
>> pkarampu at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> The document above refers to Architects - "Now Architects are approved
>>> to revert a patch which violates by either not having github issue nor
>>> bug-id, or uses a bug-id to get the feature in etc."
>>>
>>> Who are they? What are their responsibilities?
>>>

>> In our last reboot of the maintainers readme file, we expanded the
>> architects role:
>> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/MAINTAINERS
>> General Project Architects
>> --------------------------
>> M: Jeff Darcy <jeff at pl.atyp.us>
>> M: Vijay Bellur <vbellur at redhat.com>
>> P: Amar Tumballi <amarts at redhat.com>
>> P: Pranith Karampuri <pkarampu at redhat.com>
>> P: Raghavendra Gowdappa <rgowdapp at redhat.com>
>> P: Shyamsundar Ranganathan <srangana at redhat.com>
>> P: Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com>
>> P: Xavier Hernandez <xhernandez at datalab.es>
>> What should we work to make more clear about this?
>>

> Wow, embarrassing, I am an architect who doesn't know his
> responsibilities. Could you let me know where I could find them?

We had some email conversations at this thread: http://lists.gluster.
org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-March/052321.html

Final version of the discussion is captured here: https://hackmd.io/s/
SkwiZd4qe. and the patch for the changes was merged
with more than 20 votes (including yours) on it @
https://review.gluster.org/#/c/17583

Regards,
Amar