[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] Release 4.1: LTM release targeted for end of May

Raghavendra Gowdappa rgowdapp at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 06:02:42 UTC 2018

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 10:27 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri <
pkarampu at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 4:26 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri <
> pkarampu at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> I believe this has originated from maintainers meeting agreements [1] .
>>> The proposal to make a spec and documentation mandatory was submitted 3
>>> months back and is documented, and submitted for comment @
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AFkZmRRDXRxs21GnGauieI
>>> yiIiRZ-nTEW8CPi7Gbp3g/edit?usp=sharing
>>>

>> Thanks! This clears almost all the doubts I had :).
>>

> The document above refers to Architects - "Now Architects are approved to
> revert a patch which violates by either not having github issue nor bug-id,
> or uses a bug-id to get the feature in etc."
>
> Who are they? What are their responsibilities?

I had heard reference to this role in a Maintainer's meeting too. It was in
the context of People meeting up during FAST18 and discussing about the
future of Glusterfs. Clarifications on this role is much appreciated.
Specifically,

* Was there a process to decide on who are they?
* If yes, when did this happen?