[Gluster-devel] Release 4.1: LTM release targeted for end of May

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Tue Mar 13 01:37:45 UTC 2018

Hi,

As we wind down on 4.0 activities (waiting on docs to hit the site, and
packages to be available in CentOS repositories before announcing the
release), it is time to start preparing for the 4.1 release.

4.1 is where we have GD2 fully functional and shipping with migration
tools to aid Glusterd to GlusterD2 migrations.

Other than the above, this is a call out for features that are in the
works for 4.1. Please *post* the github issues to the *devel lists* that
you would like as a part of 4.1, and also mention the current state of
development.

Further, as we hit end of March, we would make it mandatory for features
to have required spec and doc labels, before the code is merged, so
factor in efforts for the same if not already done.

Current 4.1 project release lane is empty! I cleaned it up, because I
want to hear from all as to what content to add, than add things marked
with the 4.1 milestone by default.

Thanks,
Shyam
P.S: Also any volunteers to shadow/participate/run 4.1 as a release owner?