[Gluster-devel] Github teams/repo cleanup

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Fri Jun 29 16:55:32 UTC 2018

Le vendredi 29 juin 2018 à 14:40 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> So, after Gentoo hack, I started to look at all our teams on github,
> and what access does everybody have, etc, etc
>
> And I have a few issues:
> - we have old repositories that are no longer used
> - we have team without description
> - we have people without 2FA who are admins of some team
> - github make this kind of audit really difficult without scripting
> (and the API is not stable yet for teams)
>
> So I would propose the following rules, and apply them in 1 or 2
> weeks
> time.
>
> For projects:
>
> - archives all old projects, aka, ones that got no commit since 2
> years, unless people give a reason for the project to stay
> unarchived.
> Being archived do not remove it, it just hide it by default and set
> it
> readonly. It can be reverted without trouble.
>
> See https://help.github.com/articles/archiving-a-github-repository/
>
> - remove project who never started ("vagrant" is one example, there
> is
> only one readme file).
>
> For teams:
> - if you are admin of a team, you have to turn on 2FA on your
> account.
> - if you are admin of the github org, you have to turn 2FA.
>
> - if a team no longer have a purpose (for example, all repos got
> archived or removed), it will be removed.
>
> - add a description in every team, that tell what kind of access does
> it give.
>

> This would permit to get a bit more clarity and security.

So to get some perspective after writing a script to get the
information, the repos I propose to archive:

Older than 3 years, we have:

- gmc-target
- gmc
- swiftkrbauth
- devstack-plugins
- forge
- glupy
- glusterfs-rackspace-regression-tester
- jenkins-ssh-slaves-plugin
- glusterfsiostat

Older than 2 years, we have:
- nagios-server-addons
- gluster-nagios-common
- gluster-nagios-addons
- mod_proxy_gluster
- gluster-tutorial
- gerrit-hooks
- distaf
- libgfapi-java-io

And to remove, because empty:
- vagrant
- bigdata
- gluster-manila

Once they are archived, I will take care of the code for finding teams
to remove.

--
Michael Scherer