[Gluster-devel] Storing list of dentries of children in parent inode

Raghavendra Gowdappa rgowdapp at redhat.com
Thu Jun 28 05:14:37 UTC 2018

All,

There is a requirement in write-behind where during readdirp we may have to
invalidate iatts/stats of some of the children of the directory [1]. For
lack of better alternatives I added a dentry list to parent inode which
contains all children that've been linked (through lookup or readdirp on
directory). I myself am not too comfortable with this solution as it might
eat up significant memory for large directories.

Thoughts?

[1] https://review.gluster.org/20413

regards,
Raghavendra