[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] Release 4.1: Branched

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 15:05:39 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 5:29 PM Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <kkeithle at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 06/02/2018 07:47 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:

> >> GD2 has been tagged as well. [1]
> >>
> >> [1]: https://github.com/gluster/glusterd2/releases/tag/v4.1.0-rc0
> >
> > What is the status of the RPM for GD2? Can the Fedora RPM be rebuilt
> > directly on CentOS, or does it need additional dependencies? (Note that
> > CentOS does not allow dependencies from Fedora EPEL.)
> >

> I checked, and was surprised to see that gd2 made it into Fedora[1]. I
> guess I missed the announcement.

This happened in time for the 4.0 release. I did send out an announcement IIRC.

> But I was disappointed to see that packages have only been built for
> Fedora29/rawhide. We've been shipping glusterfs-4.0 in Fedora28 and even
> if [2] didn't say so, I would think it would be obvious that we should
> have packages for gd2 in F28 too.

The package got accepted during the F28 freeze. So I was only able to
request a branch for F27 when 4.0 happened.
I should have gotten around to requesting a branch for F28, but I forgot.

> And it's good that RC0 was tagged in a timely matter. Who is building
> those packages?

I can build the RPMs. I'll build them on the COPR I've been
maintaining. But I don't believe that those can be used as the
official RPM sources.
So where should I build and how should they be distributed?