[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] Release 5: Master branch health report (Week of 30th July)

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 16:41:36 UTC 2018

I just went through the nightly regression report of brick mux runs and
here's what I can summarize.

=========================================================================================================================================================================
Fails only with brick-mux
=========================================================================================================================================================================
tests/bugs/core/bug-1432542-mpx-restart-crash.t - Times out even after 400
secs. Refer
https://fstat.gluster.org/failure/209?state=2&start_date=2018-06-30&end_date=2018-07-31&branch=all,
specifically the latest report
https://build.gluster.org/job/regression-test-burn-in/4051/consoleText .
Wasn't timing out as frequently as it was till 12 July. But since 27 July,
it has timed out twice. Beginning to believe commit
9400b6f2c8aa219a493961e0ab9770b7f12e80d2 has added the delay and now 400
secs isn't sufficient enough (Mohit?)

tests/bugs/glusterd/add-brick-and-validate-replicated-volume-options.t (Ref
- https://build.gluster.org/job/regression-test-with-multiplex/814/console)
-  Test fails only in brick-mux mode, AI on Atin to look at and get back.

tests/bugs/replicate/bug-1433571-undo-pending-only-on-up-bricks.t (
https://build.gluster.org/job/regression-test-with-multiplex/813/console) -
Seems like failed just twice in last 30 days as per
https://fstat.gluster.org/failure/251?state=2&start_date=2018-06-30&end_date=2018-07-31&branch=all.
Need help from AFR team.

tests/bugs/quota/bug-1293601.t (
https://build.gluster.org/job/regression-test-with-multiplex/812/console) -
Hasn't failed after 26 July and earlier it was failing regularly. Did we
fix this test through any patch (Mohit?)

tests/bitrot/bug-1373520.t - (
https://build.gluster.org/job/regression-test-with-multiplex/811/console)
- Hasn't failed after 27 July and earlier it was failing regularly. Did we
fix this test through any patch (Mohit?)

tests/bugs/glusterd/remove-brick-testcases.t - Failed once with a core, not
sure if related to brick mux or not, so not sure if brick mux is culprit
here or not. Ref -
https://build.gluster.org/job/regression-test-with-multiplex/806/console .
Seems to be a glustershd crash. Need help from AFR folks.

=========================================================================================================================================================================
Fails for non-brick mux case too
=========================================================================================================================================================================
tests/bugs/distribute/bug-1122443.t 0 Seems to be failing at my setup very
often, with out brick mux as well. Refer
https://build.gluster.org/job/regression-test-burn-in/4050/consoleText .
There's an email in gluster-devel and a BZ 1610240 for the same.

tests/bugs/bug-1368312.t - Seems to be recent failures (
https://build.gluster.org/job/regression-test-with-multiplex/815/console) -
seems to be a new failure, however seen this for a non-brick-mux case too -
https://build.gluster.org/job/regression-test-burn-in/4039/consoleText .
Need some eyes from AFR folks.

tests/00-geo-rep/georep-basic-dr-tarssh.t - this isn't specific to brick
mux, have seen this failing at multiple default regression runs. Refer
https://fstat.gluster.org/failure/392?state=2&start_date=2018-06-30&end_date=2018-07-31&branch=all
. We need help from geo-rep dev to root cause this earlier than later

tests/00-geo-rep/georep-basic-dr-rsync.t - this isn't specific to brick
mux, have seen this failing at multiple default regression runs. Refer
https://fstat.gluster.org/failure/393?state=2&start_date=2018-06-30&end_date=2018-07-31&branch=all
. We need help from geo-rep dev to root cause this earlier than later

tests/bugs/glusterd/validating-server-quorum.t (
https://build.gluster.org/job/regression-test-with-multiplex/810/console) -
Fails for non-brick-mux cases too,
https://fstat.gluster.org/failure/580?state=2&start_date=2018-06-30&end_date=2018-07-31&branch=all
.  Atin has a patch https://review.gluster.org/20584 which resolves it but
patch is failing regression for a different test which is unrelated.

tests/bugs/replicate/bug-1586020-mark-dirty-for-entry-txn-on-quorum-failure.t
(Ref -
https://build.gluster.org/job/regression-test-with-multiplex/809/console) -
fails for non brick mux case too -
https://build.gluster.org/job/regression-test-burn-in/4049/consoleText -