[Gluster-devel] Release 5: Release targeted for first week of October-2018

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 19:12:42 UTC 2018

On 07/17/2018 11:31 AM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Post release 4.1 we have announced a release version and cadence change
> to the lists [1]. Based on this the next release of Gluster would be "5"
> and is slated during the first week of October, 2018 [2].
>
> With this release of Gluster (i.e 5), 3.12 will be EOLd and that is the
> last release in the 3.x line for Gluster.
>
> This mail is to solicit the following,
>
> Features/enhancements planned for Gluster 5 needs the following from
> contributors:
>   - Open/Use relevant issue
>   - Mark issue with the "Release 5" milestone [3]
>   - Post to the devel lists issue details, requesting addition to track
> the same for the release

Still awaiting features that are to be part of this release, please mark
them appropriately and also notify the lists.

> I will follow this mail up, within a week, with a calendar of activities
> as usual.

Calendar of activities look as follows:

1) master branch health checks (weekly, till branching)
  - Expect every Monday a status update on various tests runs

2) Branching date: (Monday) Aug-20-2018 (~40 days before GA tagging)

3) Late feature back port closure: (Friday) Aug-24-2018 (1 week from
branching)

4) Initial release notes readiness: (Monday) Aug-27-2018

5) RC0 build: (Monday) Aug-27-2018

<Testing phase: Performance, on-demand regressions, Glusto(?)>

6) RC1 build: (Monday) Sep-17-2018

<Testing phase: Performance, on-demand regressions, Glusto(?), Upgrades>

7) GA tagging: (Monday) Oct-01-2018

<Final package testing>

8) ~week later release announcement

Go/no-go discussions per-phase will be discussed in the maintainers list.