[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] Release 4.0: Making it happen!

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Thu Jan 18 23:07:21 UTC 2018

On 01/17/2018 10:35 PM, Amar Tumballi wrote:
> 220 <https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues?q=is%3Aissue+220>
> I1cccb304a <https://review.gluster.org/#/q/I1cccb304a>I6e25dbb69
> <https://review.gluster.org/#/q/I6e25dbb69>If13913fa9
> <https://review.gluster.org/#/q/If13913fa9>	“[Cleanup] Dictionary data
> structure and memory allocations”	Amar
> 384 <https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues?q=is%3Aissue+384>
> I6111c13cf <https://review.gluster.org/#/q/I6111c13cf>I1448fbe9d
> <https://review.gluster.org/#/q/I1448fbe9d>I549b5e912
> <https://review.gluster.org/#/q/I549b5e912>	“RFE: new on-wire protocol
> (XDR) needed to support iattx and cleaner dictionary structure”	Amar
>

> 203 <https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues?q=is%3Aissue+203>
> I4d1235b9e <https://review.gluster.org/#/q/I4d1235b9e>	“the protocol
> xlators should prevent sending binary values in a dict over the
> networks”	Amar
>

> Out of the above,
>
> 220 - will be an on-going effort. Some effort towards that is already
> started, and merged.
>
> 384 - https://review.gluster.org/19098 is the patch with most of the
> changes. I have now split the patch into two parts. Current one mostly
> will pass the regression and just introduces all the new functionality.
> (best way to do the diff is 'diff -pru client-rpc-fops.c
> client-rpc-fops_v2.c', and similar on server to see if the diff is fine).

Reviewed, we should be good to take this in tomorrow, leaving 12 hours
for others to get back with any more comments.

Based on this branching will be done at 1:00 PM Eastern tomorrow, and I
will send a list of backports that we will accept beyond that point (IOW
things called out in the mail thread).

Thanks,
Shyam