[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Integration of GPU with glusterfs

Darrell Budic budic at onholyground.com
Thu Jan 11 17:14:29 UTC 2018

Sounds like a good option to look into, but I wouldn’t want it to take time & resources away from other, non-GPU based, methods of improving this. Mainly because I don’t have discrete GPUs in most of my systems. While I could add them to my main server cluster pretty easily, many of my clients are 1U or blade systems and have no real possibility of having a GPU added.

It would also add physical resource requirements to future client deploys, requiring more than 1U for the server (most likely), and I’m not likely to want to do this if I’m trying to optimize for client density, especially with the cost of GPUs today.