[Gluster-devel] run-tests-in-vagrant

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Feb 14 11:19:36 UTC 2018

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 11:15:23AM +0530, Nigel Babu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Centos CI has a run-tests-in-vagrant job. Do we continue to need this
> anymore? It still runs master and 3.8. I don't see this job adding much
> value at this point given we only look at results that are on
> build.gluster.org. I'd like to use the extra capacity for other tests that
> will run on centos-ci.

The ./run-tests-in-vagrant.sh script is ideally what developers run
before submitting their patches. In case it fails, we should fix it.
Being able to run tests locally is something many of the new
contributors want to do. Having a controlled setup for the testing can
really help with getting new contributors onboard.

Hmm, and the script/job definitely seems to be broken with at least two
parts:
- the Vagrant version on CentOS uses the old URL to get the box
- 00-georep-verify-setup.t fails, but the result is marked as SUCCESS

It seems we need to get better at watching the CI, or at least be able
to receive and handle notifications...

Thanks,
Niels