[Gluster-devel] Glusterfs v4.1.1 issue encountered while executing test case ./tests/features/trash.t

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 07:21:12 UTC 2018

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 5:24 AM Abhay Singh <abhays at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Vijay,
>
> As per your previous reply, i tried running the test cases using the
> endianess check through the command  lscpu | grep "Big endian". Thankfully,
> the namespace.t test case passed successfully.

This is good to hear. Would you mind submitting a patch through gerrit for
this?

> However, the trash.t test case is still failing with the following error:-
>
> =========================
> TEST 37 (line 190): 0 rebalance_completed
> ok 37, LINENUM:190
> RESULT 37: 0
> ls: cannot access '/d/backends/patchy3/rebal*': No such file or directory
> basename: missing operand
> Try 'basename --help' for more information.
> =========================
> TEST 38 (line 196): Y wildcard_exists /d/backends/patchy3/1
> /d/backends/patchy3/a
> ok 38, LINENUM:196
> RESULT 38: 0
> =========================
> TEST 39 (line 197): Y wildcard_exists
> /d/backends/patchy1/.trashcan/internal_op/*
> not ok 39 Got "N" instead of "Y", LINENUM:197
> RESULT 39: 1
> =========================
>
> =========================
> TEST 63 (line 247): Y wildcard_exists
> /d/backends/patchy1/abc/internal_op/rebal*
> not ok 63 Got "N" instead of "Y", LINENUM:247
> RESULT 63: 1
> rm: cannot remove '/mnt/glusterfs/0/abc/internal_op': Operation not
> permitted
> =========================
>
> Failed 2/66 subtests
>
> Test Summary Report
> -------------------
> ./tests/features/trash.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 66 Failed: 2)
>   Failed tests:  39, 63
> Files=1, Tests=66
> Result: FAIL
>
> Although, running these test cases on an xfs backend is still pending.
> Please let me know how do I proceed further or if anything more needs to
> be done.

As per our IRC chat, it looks like running on an xfs backend does not make
any difference. I will attempt to recreate this problem on a Big Endian
machine.

Jiffin - is there anything else that you would like to suggest for the
failing tests?

Thanks,
Vijay