[Gluster-devel] [regression tests] seeing files from previous test run

Raghavendra Gowdappa rgowdapp at redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 04:37:37 UTC 2018

All,

I was consistently seeing failures for test
https://review.gluster.org/#/c/glusterfs/+/20639/12/tests/bugs/readdir-ahead/bug-1390050.t

TEST glusterfs --volfile-server=$H0 --volfile-id=$V0 $M0
rm -rf $M0/*
TEST mkdir -p $DIRECTORY
#rm -rf
$DIRECTORY/*

TEST touch $DIRECTORY/file{0..10}
EXPECT "0" stat -c "%s" $DIRECTORY/file4
#rdd_tester="$(dirname
$0)/rdd-tester"

TEST build_tester $(dirname $0)/bug-1390050.c -o $(dirname $0)/rdd-tester
TEST $(dirname $0)/rdd-tester $DIRECTORY $DIRECTORY/file4

However, if I uncomment line "rm -rf $DIRECTORY/*" test succeeds.

I've also added a sleep just after mkdir -p $DIRECTORY and manually checked
the directory. Turns out there are files left from previous run.

So, It looks like files (left out from previous runs) are causing the
failures. Are there any changes to cleanup sequence which could've caused
this failure?

regards,
Raghavendra