[Gluster-devel] Master branch lock down: RCA for tests (./tests/bugs/distribute/bug-1117851.t)

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 17:51:02 UTC 2018

On 08/12/2018 08:42 PM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> As a means of keeping the focus going and squashing the remaining tests
> that were failing sporadically, request each test/component owner to,
>
> - respond to this mail changing the subject (testname.t) to the test
> name that they are responding to (adding more than one in case they have
> the same RCA)
> - with the current RCA and status of the same
>
> List of tests and current owners as per the spreadsheet that we were
> tracking are:
>
> ./tests/bugs/distribute/bug-1117851.t	Shyam/Nigel

Tests in lcov instrumented code take more time than normal. This test
was pushing towards 180-190 seconds on successful runs. As a result to
remove any potential issues around tests that run close to the default
timeout of 200 seconds, 2 changes were done.

1) https://review.gluster.org/c/glusterfs/+/20648
Added an option to run-tests.sh to enable setting the default timeout to
a different value.

2) https://review.gluster.org/c/build-jobs/+/20655
Changed the line-coverage job to use the above to set the default
timeout to 300 for the test run

Since the changes this issue has not failed in lcov runs.

Shyam (and Nigel/Nithya)