[Gluster-devel] Setting up machines from softserve in under 5 mins

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 10:08:17 UTC 2018

Hello folks,

Deepshikha did the work to make loaning a machine to running your
regressions on them faster a while ago. I've tested them a few times today
to confirm it works as expected. In the past, Softserve[1] machines would
be a clean Centos 7 image. Now, we have an image with all the dependencies
installed and *almost* setup to run regressions. It just needs a few steps
run on them and we have a simplified playbook that will setup *just* those
steps. This brings down the time from around 30 mins to setup a machine to
less than 5 mins. The instructions[2] are on the softserve wiki for now,
but will move to the site itself in the future.

Please let us know if you face troubles by filing a bug.[3]
[1]: https://softserve.gluster.org/
[2]:
https://github.com/gluster/softserve/wiki/Running-Regressions-on-loaned-Softserve-instances
[3]: