[Gluster-devel] Trello may automatically add comments to GitHub Issues/PRs/...

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Sun Aug 12 09:30:05 UTC 2018

Hi,

Today I just noticed that my Trello updates to a private board (for an
internal Red Hat project) added comments to GitHub PRs. In this case, it
was not really much of a problem, except that non-board members would
not have access to the linked card. This is obviously very community
unfriendly. These comments have now been removed.

In order to prevent this from happening in the future, I recommend
others that use private Trello boards to change the settings of the
Gitub Power-Up in Trello:

1. click "Show Menu" in the upper-right corner
2. click "Power-Ups" in the menu
3. click "Enabled" in the board-sized pop-up
4. click the gear-button on the GitHub pane
5. click "Edit Power-Up Settings" in the menu
6. unselect "Add a comment with a link to the Trello card when attaching
             commits, issues, and pull requests."

The last few steps are visible in the attached screenshot.

These settings seem to be user and board specific, so public Trello
boards can still have the option to post comments enabled.

Niels