[Gluster-devel] ASAN Builds!

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Aug 10 13:06:35 UTC 2018

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 05:50:28PM +0530, Nigel Babu wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Thanks to Niels, we now have ASAN builds compiling and a flag for getting
> it to work locally. The patch[1] is not merged yet, but I can trigger runs
> off the patch for now. The first run is off[2]
>
> [1]: https://review.gluster.org/c/glusterfs/+/20589/2
> [2]: https://build.gluster.org/job/asan/66/console

There has been a newer version of the patch(es) that make ASAN builds
work on el7 systems too. Nigel started a new run at
https://build.gluster.org/job/asan/68/consoleFull and it has

    Enable ASAN          : yes

in the console output.

Other devs that want to test this, need to apply a few patches that have
not been merged yet. In case you have git-review installed, the
following should get them (use git-review with the git-remote origin
pointing to review.gluster.org):

1. https://review.gluster.org/c/glusterfs/+/20589
   $ git review -r origin -d 20589

2. https://review.gluster.org/c/glusterfs/+/20688
   $ git review -r origin -d 20688

3. https://review.gluster.org/c/glusterfs/+/20692
   $ git review -r origin -d 20692

With this, you should be able to build with ASAN enabled if you do
either of these:

    $ ./autogen.sh && ./configure --enable-asan
    $ make dist && rpmbuild --with asan -ta glusterfs*.tar.gz

This could probably e added to some 'how to debug gluster' documents.
Suggestions for the best location are welcome.

Thanks,
Niels