[Gluster-devel] Gerrit Upgrade Retrospective
nigelb at redhat.com
Fri Aug 10 09:29:20 UTC 2018
This is a quick retrospective we (the Infra team) did for the Gerrit
upgrade from 2 days ago.
## Went Well
* We had a full back up to fall back to. We had to fall back on this.
* We had a good 4h window so we had time to make mistakes and recover from
* We had a good number of tests that were part of our upgrade steps. This
helped us catch a problem with the serviceuser plugin. We deleted the
plugin to overcome this.
## Went Badly
* This document did not capture that the serviceuser plugin also needs to
* We made a mistake where we started the upgrade in the backup rather than
the main folder. We need to change our backup workflow so that this doesn't
happen in the future. This is an incredibly easy mistake to make.
* Git clones did not work. This was not part of our testing.
* cgit shows no repos. This was also not part of our testing.
## Future Recommendations
* [DONE] Setup proper documentation for the Gerrit upgrade workflow.
* We need to ensure that the engineer doing the upgrade does a staging
upgrade at least once or perhaps even twice to ensure the steps are
* Gerrit stage consumes our ansible playbooks, but the sooner we can switch
master to this, the better. It catches problems we've already solved in the
past and automated away.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gluster-devel