[Gluster-devel] Clang failures update

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Fri Aug 10 08:20:25 UTC 2018

Hello folks,

Based on Yaniv's feedback, I've removed deadcode.DeadStores checker. We are
left with 161 failures. I'm going to move this to 140 as a target for now.
The job will continue to be yellow and we need to fix at least 21 failures
by 31 Aug. That's about 7 issues per week to fix.

If anyone wants me to change the goal posts for this one, please let me
know.

If you want to run this on your local Fedora 27 machine, it should work
fine. If you want to run this on a Fedora 28 machine, you'll need to do a
little bit of a hack. Search for PYTHONDEV_CPPFLAGS in configure.ac and add
this line right below the existing line:

PYTHONDEV_CPPFLAGS=`echo ${PYTHONDEV_CPPFLAGS} | sed -e
's/-fcf-protection//g'`

Fedora 28 has GCC 8.0 and clang 7.0, this is the root cause of this failure
and in a future version, this should work without the need for this hack.

--
nigelb