[Gluster-devel] Master branch lock down status (Wed, August 08th)

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 20:08:42 UTC 2018

On 08/08/2018 09:04 PM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> Today's patch set 7 [1], included fixes provided till last evening IST,
> and its runs can be seen here [2] (yay! we can link to comments in
> gerrit now).
>
> New failures: (added to the spreadsheet)
> ./tests/bugs/quick-read/bug-846240.t

The above test fails always if there is a sleep of 10 added at line 36.

I tried to replicate this in my setup, and was able to do so 3/150 times
and the failures were the same as the ones reported in the build logs
(as below).

Not finding any clear reason for the failure, I delayed the test (i.e
added a sleep 10) after the open on M0 to see if the race is uncovered,
and it was.

Du, request you to take a look at the same, as the test is around
quick-read but involves open-behind as well.

Failure snippet:
----------------
23:41:24 [23:41:28] Running tests in file
./tests/bugs/quick-read/bug-846240.t
23:41:28 ./tests/bugs/quick-read/bug-846240.t ..
23:41:28 1..17
23:41:28 ok 1, LINENUM:9
23:41:28 ok 2, LINENUM:10
<snip>