[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-Maintainers] Release 5: Master branch health report (Week of 30th July)

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 01:02:09 UTC 2018

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 12:19 AM, Shyam Ranganathan <srangana at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 07/31/2018 12:41 PM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
>> tests/bugs/core/bug-1432542-mpx-restart-crash.t - Times out even after
>> 400 secs. Refer
>> https://fstat.gluster.org/failure/209?state=2&start_date=2018-06-30&end_date=2018-07-31&branch=all,
>> specifically the latest report
>> https://build.gluster.org/job/regression-test-burn-in/4051/consoleText .
>> Wasn't timing out as frequently as it was till 12 July. But since 27
>> July, it has timed out twice. Beginning to believe commit
>> 9400b6f2c8aa219a493961e0ab9770b7f12e80d2 has added the delay and now 400
>> secs isn't sufficient enough (Mohit?)
>
> The above test is the one that is causing line coverage to fail as well
> (mostly, say 50% of the time).
>
> I did have this patch up to increase timeouts and also ran a few rounds
> of tests, but results are mixed. It passes when run first, and later
> errors out in other places (although not timing out).
>
> See: https://review.gluster.org/#/c/20568/2 for the changes and test run
> details.

If I may ask - why are we always exploring the "increase timeout" part
of this? I understand that some tests may take longer - but 400s is
quite a non-trivial amount of time - what other efficient means are we
not able to explore?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>