[Gluster-devel] Release 4.1: Schedule, scope and review focus

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Wed Apr 18 17:56:33 UTC 2018

On 04/11/2018 09:07 AM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
> On 03/27/2018 02:59 PM, Shyam Ranganathan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As we have completed potential scope for 4.1 release (reflected here [1]
>> and also here [2]), it's time to talk about the schedule.
>>
>> - Branching date (and hence feature exception date): Apr 16th
>
> We are about 5 days away from branching, now would be a good time to
> think which features are slipping and call them out sooner than later!

Branching has been postponed to May 1st, to accommodate the following
changes that we determined as required in the maintainers meeting
(primary owners in brackets),
- formatting change to the code base to clang [Nigel]
- github flag enforcement for all features (doc and spec requirement) [amar]
- Attempt to get experimental xlators package [Shyam]

Thanks Jiffin and Poornima for requesting additional time for your
features, due to this change you are granted an automatic extension :)

Others, if your features make it by the cut-off date it will be
included, we will not have a further extension around the 1st of May for
features that have NOT made it yet!