[Gluster-devel] Heketi version 5 has been released!

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Sep 20 15:09:57 UTC 2017

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 11:08:55AM +0200, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 11:32:02PM +0200, Michael Adam wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > Heketi version 5 has just been released.
>
> Congrats with the new release!
>
> > Here is the high-level changelog since version 4:
> >
> > - Set Gluster Volume options based on user input.
> > - Allow disperse volumes to be 2+1.
> > - Use glide instead of godeps for build dependencies.
> > - Increase test coverage.
> > - Compress database when storing in a K8S Secret.
> > - Introduce switch `backup_db_to_kube_secret`, defaulting to false.
> > - Add functionality to remove a device.
> > - Add functionality to remove a node.
> > - Environmental variable support for config of sshexec.
> >
> > Downloads of source code and binaries:
> >
> > https://github.com/heketi/heketi/releases/tag/v5.0.0
>
> Could someone send a pull request to update the packaging for the CentOS
> Storage SIG? I'm not very familiar with Golang yet, and the change from
> godeps to glide is not something I can do in a couple of minutes.
>
> Contents of the 'dist-git like' packaging files can be found here:
>   https://github.com/CentOS-Storage-SIG/heketi/tree/sig-storage7-gluster-common

Thanks for the pull request!

heketi-5.0.0-1.el7 will become available in the testing repository
within the next few hours. Once it is there, you can install a standard
CentOS-7 system and get the packages with:

  # yum install centos-release-gluster
  # yum --enablerepo=centos-gluster*-test install heketi

Please give it a whirl and let me know when the package is ready for
promoting to the public mirrors.

Niels