[Gluster-devel] Testing gdeploy before releasing in the CentOS Storage SIG

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Sep 8 10:47:11 UTC 2017

On Fri, Sep 08, 2017 at 03:42:10PM +0530, Sachidananda URS wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Sac,
> >
> > Could we setup a Jenkins job in the CentOS CI so that we can test
> > gdeploy automatically? Every time an update lands in the testing
> > repositories, the job could run. The CentOS CI allows us to request a
> > few machines at the same time, making it an ideal environment for
> > testing gdeploy.
> >
> > If you are interested, we can even set a job up that can be used for
> > pre-merge testing of GitHub pull requests (or Gerrit reviews?).
> >

> Neils, sure. Will do that, I would need some help setting these up or
> pointers to get started.

Great! I'm having difficulties finding the current sources for the tests
that we have in the Gluster tab on https://ci.centos.org/view/Gluster,
but this is an example for the scripts we use for testing NFS-Ganesha:
  https://ci.centos.org/view/NFS-Ganesha/job/nfs_ganesha_cthon04/

1. reserve two physical machines with a minimal CentOS installation
   https://github.com/nfs-ganesha/ci-tests/blob/centos-ci/common-scripts/basic-gluster-duffy.py

2. install a Gluster environment (single server) and configure NFS-Ganesha
   https://github.com/nfs-ganesha/ci-tests/blob/centos-ci/common-scripts/basic-gluster.sh

3. run cthon04 tests on a client system
   https://github.com/nfs-ganesha/ci-tests/blob/centos-ci/cthon04/client.sh

The main things that I need are the scripts for 2+3 to run/verify
gdeploy. Installation should of course) be done from the CentOS Storage
SIG repository, because that are the packages that need testing.

Ah, found the other jobs now too:
  https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/tree/master/centos-ci

Thanks,
Niels