[Gluster-devel] [RFC] Automatic discovery of Gluster Storage Servers
Niels de Vos
ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Sep 5 14:17:20 UTC 2017
At one point I would like to be able to install Gluster Storage Servers
and have them automatically detected. I'd like to be able to place them
in a Trusted Storage Pool after detection (peer probe). For this, I
started a gluster-zeroconf project on GitHub . It currently is in a
proof-of-concept state, and I would like to have some feedback if this
approach is useable for others than me.
The current functionality is like this:
- install gluster-zeroconf-avahi on a number of storage servers
- install python2-gluster-zeroconf on at least one of the storage
- run `gluster-discovery` from the python2-gluster-zeroconf package
- all discovered storage servers will be listed
- run `gluster-discovery probe` to peer probe all discovered servers
A few more details are in the README at .
Future enhancements could include:
- plugin for GlusterD 2
- detection of unused local disks (spare bricks)
- register newly detected systems at Heketi
Feedback much appreciated!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Gluster-devel