[Gluster-devel] Jenkins outage on 1st Nov

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Mon Oct 30 16:22:30 UTC 2017

Hello folks,

We'll have a Jenkins outage on 1st Nov for Jenkins. This outage will be
from 0900 to 1700 UTC.

EDT: 0500 to 1300
CET: 1000 to 1800
IST: 1430 to 2230

Given that Michael and I are co-located and this is a holiday in India,
it's a good opportunity for us to fix a lot of security issues with the old
Jenkins server and move it onto a fresh and clean machine. At this point,
we cannot estimate how much time we'll take.

Ideally, here's what we're looking to do:

* Setup a new VM for Jenkins in CentOS 7.
* Install Jenkins and dependencies.
* Move over the /var/lib/jenkins folder from current install to new one.
* Switch DNS for build.gluster.org to the new server.
* Move over the bits.gluster.org data to a http.int.rht.gluster.org and
setup a proxy redirect.
* Change the release job to push from Jenkins job to
http.int.rht.gluster.org.
* Swtich DNS for bits.gluster.org.

Depending on complications that may arise during this time, we may or may
not do the bits.gluster.org migration along with this.

--
nigelb