[Gluster-devel] Selfheal on mount process (disperse)

jayakrishnan mm jayakrishnan.mm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 05:19:23 UTC 2017

Hi,

Glusterfs ver 3.7.10
Volume : disperse (4+2)
Client on separate machine.
1 brick offline.
Error  happens after about 60 seconds of starting write. When checked the
online brick's
.glusterfs/indices/xattrop  , I could see a gfid entry.

Why the mount process starts healing ? How to prevent this ? When checked
the source code, (ec-heald.c) I can see the that this dir is scanned every
60 sec. If it finds an entry, it starts healing. But why should the client
do this ? Is there an option to turn off selfheal on the client side ?

Regards
JK