[Gluster-devel] Slow volume, gluster volume status bug

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Tue Nov 14 10:43:39 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 09:17:35AM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> In the meantime I tracked the performance problem to exteded atributes
> system calls. The root of the problem is outside of glusterfs, but fixing
> the consequuences would be nice.

I think I found the problem: listxattr() scales badly on NetBSD with
the amount of extended attributes names on the filesystem. I now have
14954 different extended attribute names, 14910 being of the form
trusted.gfid2path.7c8a8ff2db92b4ec

I see news about trusted.gfid2path in
http://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/release-notes/3.12.0/

This exlains why I got hurt when upgrading to 3.12.2.

What happens if I remove the trusted.gfid2path.* attributes? Are
they just re-created?

Some hint on how to disable the feature?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu at netbsd.org