[Gluster-devel] RFC: FUSE kernel features to be adopted by GlusterFS

Jeff Darcy jeff at pl.atyp.us
Thu Nov 9 23:01:10 UTC 2017

> So - nothing inherent to libfuse and nothing that would be relevant as
> of today.
>
> But then, let me put it like this: what reason could we have to *not* go
> with xglfs in 4.0? It's true that the deliverables are present in libfuse
> and
> libgfapi and it's just a thin glue. As such it seems to be almost devoid
> of design concerns, it just bridges the two interfaces in a
> straightforward manner. Superficially it seems to be a superior approach
> - what snag holds us back to embrace it wholeheartedly?

What about https://review.gluster.org/#/c/3341/ and its antecedents?
Libfuse used to be unable to deal with SELinux's behavior of trying to
issue a getxattr from within the mount call.  Have either libfuse or
SELinux fixed that?  There might be other local changes that we'd need
to verify in similar fashion.