[Gluster-devel] reflink support for glusterfs and gluster-block using it for taking snapshots

Prasanna Kalever pkalever at redhat.com
Tue Nov 7 05:47:17 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 7:43 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri
<pkarampu at redhat.com> wrote:
> hi,
>      I just created a github issue for reflink support(#349) in glusterfs.
> We are intending to use this feature to do block snapshots in gluster-block.
>
> Please let us know your comments on the github issue. I have added the
> changes we may need for xlators I know a little bit about. Please help in
> identifying gaps in implementing this FOP.

Pranith,

You might be interested in taking a look at an approach taken earlier
to support snapshots using xfs reflink feature.

Patch with working code:  https://review.gluster.org/#/c/13979/
Spec: https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-specs/blob/master/under_review/reflink-based-fsnap.md

Note: It was more than one and a half years old stuff (April 2016), so
expect a rebase :-)

Thanks,
--
Prasanna