[Gluster-devel] Gluster github usage FAQ
srangana at redhat.com
Tue May 23 14:24:36 UTC 2017
I intend to keep this as a thread, so that we can ask and answer/ponder
over some of the questions regarding glusters github usage.
Here are a couple to start with:
1) When does one use a github issue# vs a bug#?
- We want commit messages to contain either a github issue# or a bug#
only, not both. This is not enforced at present (maybe never will).
- We use github for features (at present), hence if any submission to
code or documentation is a feature, use a github issue# in the commit
message (of course the assumption is that you already have a github
issue filed for this purpose).
- We use bugzilla (at present) for filing bugs, hence if any submission
is a bug fix, use a bug# in the commit message.
2) Do issues get reflected on changes submitted to gerrit but not merged
- Yes, and thanks to Nigel for that!
- Below is the code that does it (this is devel list after all ;) )
- Code that updates a github issue when it is referenced in a gerrit
- Here is an example issue that demonstrates this working
- Gluster ant posts messages when changes refer to a issue#
- github automatically picks up references in commit messages, when
these are merged and updates the issue#
- For all repositories using gerrit the above is true, for repositories
not using gerrit (read, glusterdocs repository), github automatically
handles it for us
Keep the queries/concerns/answers coming, and we can cover the unknowns
"Releases are made better together"
More information about the Gluster-devel