[Gluster-devel] Questions on github

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue May 9 13:57:53 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 7:21 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri
<pkarampu at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 7:09 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
> <sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Amar Tumballi <atumball at redhat.com> wrote:
>> > I personally prefer github questions than mailing list, because a valid
>> > question can later become a reason for a new feature. Also, as you said,
>> > we
>> > can 'assignee' a question and if we start with bug triage we can also
>> > make
>> > sure at least we respond to questions which is pending.
>>
>> Is the on-going discussion in this thread about using
>> <https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues> as a method to have
>> questions and responses from the community?
>

> yeah, this is something users have started doing. It seems better than mail
> (at least to me).

There is a trend of projects who are moving to Github Issues as a
medium/platform for responding to queries. As Amar mentions earlier in
the thread and Shyam implies - this requires constant (ie. daily)
vigil and attention. If those are in place, it is a practical move.