[Gluster-devel] Questions on github

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Tue May 9 09:48:36 UTC 2017

I personally prefer github questions than mailing list, because a valid
question can later become a reason for a new feature. Also, as you said, we
can 'assignee' a question and if we start with bug triage we can also make
sure at least we respond to questions which is pending.

A note of caution, i would like to keep github for more code / feature
related questions than that of setup related questions.

Regards,
Amar

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 2:57 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri <pkarampu at redhat.com
> wrote:

> hi,
>     Wanted to know what people feel about asking/answering questions on
> github.com, at the moment we are only using github for RFEs, I am
> wondering if it would be fine to open it for questions too. Main benefit I
> see is that it is easier to see open-questions at a glance and easy to
> direct someone to the question/answer in future. It is a bit cumbersome to
> browse through the thread on mailing list compared to github IMHO.
>
> --
> Pranith

Amar Tumballi (amarts)