[Gluster-devel] unable to build glusterfs rpm on RHEL 6.6

Manohar Mikkili mikkilimanohar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 16:47:03 UTC 2017

thanks Niels, for your advice.
we are trying to bundle the glusterfs rpm in our binary, which is shipped
to customer.
so, "yum install gluster" is not an option.

I tried as you asked, but no luck, could you pls take a look and advise?
thanks in advance.

[root at sipp tmp]# yum install /usr/include/sys/acl.h
Loaded plugins: product-id, refresh-packagekit, security,
subscription-manager
This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can
use subscription-manager to register.
Setting up Install Process
C6.6-extras
| 3.4 kB     00:00
YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http[s] or file.
 Eg. Invalid release/
removing mirrorlist with no valid mirrors:
/var/cache/yum/x86_64/6Server/extras/mirrorlist.txt
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
extras. Please verify its path and try again

*[root at sipp etc]# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/centos-extras.repo#additional
packages that may be useful[extras]name=CentOS-$releasever -
Extrasmirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=extras&infra=$infra
<http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=extras&infra=$infra>#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/extras/$basearch/
<http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/extras/$basearch/>gpgcheck=1gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-6[C6.0-extras]name=CentOS-6.0
- Extrasbaseurl=http://vault.centos.org/6.0/extras/$basearch/