[Gluster-devel] Read-only option for a replicated (replication for fail-over) Gluster volume

Mackay, Michael mackay at progeny.net
Tue Mar 21 14:03:45 UTC 2017

“read-only xlator is loaded at gluster server (brick) stack. so once the volume is in place, you'd need to enable read-only option using volume set and then you should be able to mount the volume which would provide you the read-only access.”

OK, so fair enough, but is the physical volume on which the brick resides allowed to be on a r/o filesystem?  Again, it’s not just whether Gluster considers the volume to be read-only to clients, but whether the gluster brick and its underlying medium can be read-only.

read-only xlator is loaded at gluster server (brick) stack. so once the volume is in place, you'd need to enable read-only option using volume set and then you should be able to mount the volume which would provide you the read-only access.

Thanks
Mike