[Gluster-devel] What does xdata mean? "gfid-req"?

Zhitao Li zhitaoli1201 at outlook.com
Sat Mar 18 13:21:15 UTC 2017

Hello, everyone,

I am investigating  the difference between stat and lookup operations in GlusterFs now. In the translator named "md_cache", stat operation will hit the cache generally, while lookup operation will miss the cache.

The reason is that for lookup operation, md_cache will check whether the xdata is satisfied. In my case, lookup will include xdata "gfid-req" filled by fuse-bridge. However, in md_cache, this check never pass because the load flag of mdc_key "gfid-req"  is always 0.

Could anyone tell me why "gfid-req" is filled by fuse-bridge.c(fuse_getattr: nodeid==1->lookup)? What does it mean? And how xdata is used?

If no xdata, what would happen?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Zhitao Li