[Gluster-devel] About DHT layout

Ankit Raj anraj at redhat.com
Wed Mar 15 16:41:19 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 8:43 PM, Tahereh Fattahi <t28.fattahi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi

    DHT creates directories on all the bricks in the volume. And, their
range varies from 00000000 to  0xffffffff and and each brick is assigned a
specific subset of this range. Also, the directory creation and the
   setting of layout is part of mkdir operation.

I want to know when and where the layout of a directory is created?