[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Announcing release 3.11 : Scope, schedule and feature tracking

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Fri Mar 3 13:53:52 UTC 2017

On 03/03/2017 06:44 AM, Prashanth Pai wrote:

>> On 02/28/2017 08:47 PM, Shyam wrote:
>>> We should be transitioning to using github for feature reporting and
>>> tracking, more fully from this release. So once again, if there exists
>>> any confusion on that front, reach out to the lists for clarification.
>>
>> I see that there was a discussion on this on the maintainers ML [1]. If
>> it is not too late or if I may cast vote as a non-maintainer, I prefer
>> to have bugzilla  for tracking bugs and the users ML for queries. I see
>> many 'issues' on the github page which are mostly candidates for
>> gluster-users ML.
>
> +1 to that

Ok, there is some confusion here I think ;)

So,
- github issues is for features *only*
- Issues are *not* for bugs or a substitute for ML posts/discussions
- The proposal in maintainers for the same (i.e [1]) did not go through,
and hence was never proposed to the devel and users groups

So to make this clear in github, this [2] commit is put up for review
(and now merged and live, check [3]), that will clarify this for users
coming into github to file issues. If users still do file issues beyond
this information, we can politely redirect them to the ML or BZ and
close the issue.

Further, thanks to folks who still have been responding to queries over
github issues (which has increased in frequency in the recent past).

HTH and thanks for the shout out,
Shyam

>> [1] http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/maintainers/2017-February/002195.html

[2] Review on github issue template: