[Gluster-devel] BUG: Code changes in EC as part of Brick Multiplexing

Ashish Pandey aspandey at redhat.com
Thu Jun 22 12:33:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

There are some code changes in EC which is impacting response time of gluster v heal info
I have sent following patch to initiate the discussion on this and to understand why this code change was done.
https://review.gluster.org/#/c/17606/1

============================
ec: Increase notification in all the cases

Problem:
"gluster v heal <volname> info" is taking
long time to respond when a brick is down.

RCA:
Heal info command does virtual mount.
EC wait for 10 seconds, before sending UP call to upper xlator,
to get notification (DOWN or UP) from all the bricks.

Currently, we are increasing ec->xl_notify_count based on
the current status of the brick. So, if a DOWN event notification
has come and brick is already down, we are not increasing
ec->xl_notify_count in ec_handle_down.

Solution:
Handle DOWN even as notification irrespective of what
is the current status of brick.

Code change was done by https://review.gluster.org/#/c/14763/

Ashish