[Gluster-devel] Regression Voting Changes

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Tue Jun 20 03:47:26 UTC 2017

Hello folks,

Amar has proposed[1] these changes in the past and I'd like to announce us going
live with them as we've not received any strong feedback against it.

## Centos Regression
* On master, we only run tests/basic as pre-merge testing.
* On release branches, we will run the entire suite of tests.
* Our regular regression-test-burn-in and regression-test-with-multiplex will
  continue to run the full suite of tests as they currently do.

## NetBSD Regression
* We will not run a netbsd7-regression as required pre-merge test anymore.
  However, you should be able to trigger it with "recheck netbsd".
* A green NetBSD will no longer be required for merging patches, however if you
  have a -1 vote, it will remain a blocker. This is so that reviewers can
  request a full NetBSD run, especially on release branches.
* We will do a periodic NetBSD regression run on all currently maintained
  branches (3.8, 3.10, and 3.11 at the moment) and master.

## Additional Changes
* As full regression runs per patch is run on release branches only (other than
  the nightly on master), any failures need proper attention and possible RCA.
  A re-trigger in the hopes of getting a green is no longer acceptable for
  release branches.
* fstat will soon track the regression-test-burn-in and
  regression-test-with-multiplex.
* As soon as we have the new jobs up, we'll add them to fstat so we can track
  failure patterns.

The CentOS changes are already in production. The NetBSD changes will land in
production today.

[1]: http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2017-May/052868.html

--
nigelb