[Gluster-devel] [Qusetions] How profile affect glusterfs performance?

liuyuan at cmss.chinamobile.com liuyuan at cmss.chinamobile.com
Wed Jun 7 07:44:57 UTC 2017

Hi Pranith,

First of all, we owe you guys big thanks for your excellent work.

I'm the lead of storage team in China Mobile, Xiubo is also in my team :)

We have deployed more than 100 glusterfs nodes in producion(20 nodes for the biggest single cluster), so far so good.  Use case ranging from image/vedio, to small files for mailbox services.
For profile stuff, we'd like to enable it as always to collect perf stat for monitoring.

We are planing to provide cloud file service by the combination of glusterfs and Openstack Manila this year. The enhancement of manila patches would be sent to upsteam later.

Also, I have a question for NDMP support. I bumpped one thread discussing it but not clear yet. (http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2016-August/050513.html)

Do you have any plan to for a glusterfs-ndmp server from scratch? We are new to the development of glusterfs, I think ndmp support would be a good starting point for us to join the
development  of the community.  We'd like to see NDMP supported by glusterfs because some of our customers want it.

Yuan