[Gluster-devel] Release 3.12: Status of features (Require responses!)

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Mon Jul 31 16:07:59 UTC 2017

Hi,

Here is an updated status:

RC0 tagging date moved to 2nd August (awaiting 3 more feature backports
before tagging RC0 and also some release notes for delivered features).

This is a quick link for patches awaiting reviews and closure [2]

Features awaiting backports (as these have enough activity on gerrit and
look close to being done):

1) DISCARD support with EC (@sunilheggodu)
   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/254

2) allow users to enable used of localtime instead of UTC for log
entries (@kalebskeithley)
   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/272

3) provide sub-directory mount option in fuse, for a given volume (@amarts)
   - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/175

Further, the following Tier related patches are awaiting a closure and a
backport, request glusterd contributors attention on these,
- https://review.gluster.org/15740
- https://review.gluster.org/15503

All other features mentioned below are either done or moved out of 3.12
release, check the release lane [1] for details.

Thanks,
Shyam
[1] See release 3.12 project lane:
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/projects/1

[2] Patches awaiting reviews and closure:
https://review.gluster.org/#/q/starredby:srangana%2540redhat.com