[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS v3.12 - Nearing deadline for branch out

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Wed Jul 19 07:55:07 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 12:04 PM, Xavier Hernandez <xhernandez at datalab.es>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 17/07/17 17:30, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>        Status of the following features targeted for 3.12:
>> 1) Need a way to resolve split-brain (#135) : Mostly will be merged in a
>> day.
>> 2) Halo Hybrid mode (#217): Unfortunately didn't get time to follow up
>> on this, so will not make it to the release.
>> 3) Implement heal throttling (#255): Won't be making it to 3.12
>> 4) Delay generator xlator (#257): I can definitely get this in by End of
>> next week, otherwise we can do this for next release.
>> 5) Parallel writes in EC (#251): This seems like a stretch for this
>> weekend but definitely completable by end of next week. I am hopeful
>> Xavi will have some cycles to complete the final reviews. Otherwise we
>> may have to push this out.
>> 6) Discard support for EC (#254): Doable for this weekend IMO, also
>> depends on what Xavi thinks...
>> 7) Last stripe caching (#256): We are targetting this instead of heal
>> throttling (#255). This is not added to 3.12 tracker. I can add this if
>> we can wait till next week. This also depends on Xavi's schedule.
>>
>> Also added Xavi for his inputs.
>>

> Because of other higher priorities in my work, I have very little time to
> spend on this. All I can say is that I'll try to review the patches as soon
> as possible.

Okay, I will try to reduce the review load by doing reviews myself before
you can take a look. You review the patches only after I give a +1.
Whatever gets merged in time for 3.12 will be the ones that will be in
3.12, others will be pushed out.

I guess you will have to review patches from me though, because I won't be
giving a +1 on my own patches :-).

Discard(#254) one looks most likely as things stand now. I am waiting for a
few more changes from Sunil, will let you know.

--
Pranith