[Gluster-devel] Regression logging on release-3.8-fb branch

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Tue Jul 18 02:53:34 UTC 2017

> On Mon, Jul 17, 2017, at 02:00 PM, Jeff Darcy wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2017, at 09:28 AM, Nigel Babu wrote:
>
> It appears that something changed in https://review.gluster.org/#/c/17771.
> The tarball with the logs for that patch was 32G. That doesn't sound right.
> Is something writing to log excessively after this patch landed?
>

> I don't see anything in the patch itself, or in its immediate
> predecessors, that would account for this.  However, it could be a less
> direct kind of effect.  I'll take a look.
>

> Are you sure that's the right patch?  I looked at the smoke log, which
> seems quite ordinary, and the regression log is pretty tiny because tests
> on release-3.8-fb don't actually do much.  On the other hand, I don't see
> any other patches on my list that seem to be likely culprits either.

I worked my way back from here:
https://build.gluster.org/job/centos-regression-fb/955/console

When this job crashes, it does say that it ran out of space. This seems to
be because some 40+ tests crashed with a core. I just realized that I
aborted the previous job for a Jenkins upgrade that morning. I went and
looked into that job which also seems to fail with 40+ failures that throw
a core. So it could very well be https://review.gluster.org/#/c/17762/ at
fault. If you'd like I can retrigger a regression at that point (you should
be able to as well, in any case).

--
nigelb