[Gluster-devel] create restrictions xlator

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Thu Jul 13 04:06:01 UTC 2017

hey,
      I went through the patch. I see that statfs is always wound for
create fop. So number of network operations increase and performance will
be less even in normal case. I think similar functionality is in DHT, may
be you should take a look at that?

Check dht_get_du_info() which is used by dht_mknod(). It keeps refreshing
this info every X seconds. I will let DHT guys comment a bit more about
this. One more thing to check is if we can have just one implementation
that satisfied everyone's requirements. i.e. move out this functionality
from DHT to this xlator or, move the functionality of this xlator into DHT.

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 8:18 AM, Taehwa Lee <alghost.lee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I’ve been developing a xlator that create is rejected when used capacity
> of a volume higher than threshold.
>

> the reason why I’m doing is that I got problems when LV is used fully.
>
> this patch is in the middle of develop.
>
> just I want to know whether my approach is pretty correct to satisfy my
> requirement.
>
> so, when you guys have a little spare time, please review my patch and
> tell me WHATEVER you’re thinking.
>

> and If you guys think that it is useful for glusterfs, I’m gonna do
> process to merge into glusterfs.
>

> thanks in advance

> Taehwa Lee
> Gluesys Co.,Ltd.