[Gluster-devel] is tests/basic/gfapi/libgfapi-fini-hang.t broken in NetBSD ?

Jeff Darcy jeff at pl.atyp.us
Fri Jul 7 11:42:08 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017, at 03:36 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> The segfault is caused by GF_ASSERT() on
> https://review.gluster.org/#/c/17662/2/libglusterfs/src/mem-pool.c@563 .
> At the moment I'm not sure how this can happen, unless glfs_fini() is
> called more than once on a glfs_t object.

It's because the test deliberately calls glfs_fini without calling
glfs_init.  Unlike most APIs, in GFAPI "init" is neither a module-level
operation  nor the first thing users should call.  Looking at what
already happens in glfs_new vs. glfs_fini, it looks like the call to
mem_pools_init should have gone into glfs_new anyway.  It's easy to fix;
I'll send a patch for it shortly.

The other mystery is why this same test passed on Centos.  Seems like it
should have failed in exactly the same way.