[Gluster-devel] upstream regression suite is broken

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Fri Jul 7 06:02:50 UTC 2017

Hello,

I've spoken to Atin, Ravi, and Amar and we agreed on a solution that I've just
completed.

1. I've landed a patch directly on master bypassing review. This patch will
   disabling the test that is currently failing. Now patches that are waiting
   to land in master can be landed safely while we get regressions to run on
   Ravi's patch
2. Ravi can rebase his patch on HEAD of master and re-enable the test along
   with his fix.

We've talked about this use-case in the past and how to best handle a broken
master. I'll work on a guide to handling this sort of incidents in the future.

--
nigelb