[Gluster-devel] Compilation with gcc 7.x

Csaba Henk chenk at redhat.com
Tue Jul 4 12:00:24 UTC 2017

Hi list,

I've compiled glusterfs with gcc 7.x (to be precise, with 7.1.1),
which is soon to get its prime time as the C compiler of
Fedora 26.

The Release Notes (https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-7/changes.html)
give account of a broad list of new and improved warnings...
and that shows. While with gcc 6.x the only warning I had
is "lchmod is not implemented and will always fail", with
gcc 7.x I got 218 warnings alltogether. For reference, I
attach the excerpted warnings from the compilation output.

Are you aware of this? Is there any plan what to do about it?

Csaba