[Gluster-devel] Request for Comments: Tests Clean Up Plan

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 11:56:31 UTC 2017

With regard to assigning files to chunks, I suggest we start by using an algorithm similar to that we use in DHT.

   hash=$(cat $filename | md5sum) # convert from hex to decimal?
   chunk=$((hash % number_of_chunks))
   if [ x"$chunk" = x"$my_chunk_id" ]; then
      bash $filename # ...and so on
   fi

This is completely automatic, robust as the test set or directory structure changes (or as the number of workers changes), and should give us an approximately equal distribution among chunks.