[Gluster-devel] Release 4.0: Schedule and scope clarity

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Wed Dec 20 14:49:33 UTC 2017

After several mails and discussions, we would not be ready to branch 4.0
in mid-Dec, so going forward, we revert to the original schedule for 4.0
and 4.1 (i.e 3 months from the previous release) and further move 4.1 as
an LTM (as originally planned) instead of the stated STM in the previous
mail.

Here is the new schedule,
- Release 4.0: (STM)
  - Feature freeze/branching: mid-January (Jan, 16th 2018)
  - Release date: Feb, 28th 2018
- Release 4.1: (LTM)
  - Feature freeze/branching: mid-April
  - Release date: May, 30th 2018

The focus and release scope remains the same, with GD2 being the primary
target for the release.

Thanks,
Shyam
P.S: Github milestones for these releases are updated accordingly